Combining powerful data interpretation and risk assessment tools within a single turnkey unit JetSCAN® represents the pre-eminent diagnostic and prediction tool for bearing wear condition monitoring
How it works:
- The debris specimen is transferred from either the magnetic drain plug or oil filter to the specially designed multi-specimen holder.
- The system automatically initialises, calibrates and moves to the first specimen.
- Wear debris particles are automatically detected and their positions together with morphological characteristics stored.
- Each particle is analysed using the integral X-ray analyser and its chemical composition classified and stored.
- All particles, their physical properties and compositions are stored in a database for the specific engine from which they originated.
- Trend analysis may be performed at any time from the archived results for any given engine, followed by a diagnostic risk assessment associated with the types and quantities of debris detected.
||The five major components of the JetSCAN® are:
- A ZEISS multi-purpose SEM
- An integral backscattered electron detector
- Fully integrated image analysis software
- High-performance liquid nitrogen free X-ray detector operating at room temperature
- Single control application with diagnostic and trending facilities
All of these components work collectively within the single control application for wear debris analysis, giving optimal speed, reliability and accuracy.